5 Washington Treehouses - Curbed Seattle
Wednesday, June 29, 2016
Tuesday, June 21, 2016
There are a number of things that you can do to create more curb appeal.
1. Wash everything. You can wash the windows, front door, porch and even the garage. a bucket and a sponge can work or you can even rent a power washer if you need to.
2. At the entrance you can paint the front door and update the door knobs. Don't forget about the house numbers too.
3. Replace and update the exterior light fixtures.
4. Sweep the driveway and clean up any stains and/or cracks.
5. Trim the landscaping and overgrown shrubs. Remove weeds and tidy up the gardens.
6. Add some outdoor lighting for ambiance and safety.
7. Check the roof for shingles that need to be replaced and gutters that need to be cleaned.
8. Inspect any fences latches and gates.
Now add some seasonal color and you'll be good to go.
Sunday, June 12, 2016
I believe all of us think about retirement. Time to do creative endeavors, travel or just have a more relaxed schedule. The next question of course is where do I want to retire to? Am I happy here in the Seattle area or wherever I'm living or do I want to be a snowbird with a winter and summer home? Maybe I just want to move to another place all together.
As with most of these questions there has been a survey created or statistics gathered. The latest one that I have seen is from Market Watch who looked at where retirees are actually moving. From that list, here are the destinations. Are you thinking about moving? Have you picked a location?
5. North Carolina
3. South Carolina
Read More About These Destinations
Tuesday, June 7, 2016
If you live in Seattle you have heard all about the crazy real estate market. There is a shortage of home and this means in most cases there are bidding wars on the homes that are available. 75% of homes get multiple offers. More than 53% of homes sell over the asking price. Are you looking for a home or thinking about selling? A good time for sellers but certainly a tough time for buyers.
Wednesday, June 1, 2016
The internet is full of fascinating places and interesting information. In fact it can be a bit overwhelming at times. This is one site that I just came across however, Sperling's Best Places to Live. You can put in a zip code or a city and learn all sorts of information about that place. Some of those items include, cost of living, crime rate and schools. I've spent some time here today looking at the Seattle statistics and also the surrounding areas. This is a good place to start if you're thinking about moving. http://www.bestplaces.net/default.aspx