Friday, February 3, 2017

Interesting People

We all love to meet interesting people. Just what is it that makes one person more interesting than another however?

There have been many conversations about this topic. Some people are just naturally interesting but you can also learn to become more interesting.

Several things that I love about interesting people is their passion about specific subjects and their quirkiness.

Usually interesting people have interests in something outside of my expertise or experience. Maybe it's old sewing machines, or new technologies. It might even be something like how many different kinds of Hummingbirds there are in Washington. I had no idea there were four different types that called Washington home.

I also love their quirkiness and their willingness to not hide the fact that they are unique. So many people try to hide the things that make them different. This can be with clothes, ideas or even lifestyles. I know a woman who got tired of her hair color and although she is well about the age of senior citizen, she now sports a short vibrant purple hair style.

As I'm learning new things this year, I'm going to try and meet more interesting people and listen to their stories.  I'm sure that I will have some things to share with my friends as we move through the year.

No comments: