Saturday, January 26, 2008

Art Chix

Once a year we do self portraits. I've been in a group called ARTCHIX for a couple of years now. That's what we are working on now. I've posted an image of my last year's self portrait.
The group consists of several women (we've lost a couple and added a couple). The group includes a professional photographer, a graphic designer, a children's book illustrator, a painter who is a therapist, a nurse/educator, a scientist, a technical writer who is also a most excellent songwriter and paper artist and me. We have a "theme" each time we get together and come up with so many versions of it, it's quite amazing. We meet at one of our houses for dinner, and talk about the process of making the art. I've been inspired by the chix's paintings, songs, drawings, multi-media, poems, performance pieces. To experience the same theme in these many ways is inspiring, and amazing, and so much fun. My best work these past few years came from working with this group.

No comments: